When you have a painting job, getting quality work done in a timely manner is what everyone is looking for. But it’s not that easy!
How to Choose the Best Painting Contractor for Your Job
Have Peace of Mind
All BidBoomerang contractors are pre-screened, qualified and insured.
Find a Local Painting Contractor Now
Painters can be highly professional or completely incompetent—unfortunately there’s no way to really tell beforehand…at least not without some kind of careful screening process, like BidBoomerang.com has.Ways to find a painting contractor:
- Phone book. This is probably the least reliable way to find a painting contractor, as you are simply basing your decision on an advertisement or a name. The phone book tells you nothing about the quality of the painter’s work or his or her skill level.
- Recommendation from a friend. This can be a good way to find a quality contractor, but since you don’t get multiple bids for the job, you might end up paying more than you need to.
- From a site like BidBoomerang.com. BidBoomerang gives you the names of several pre-screened, fully licensed and bonded contractors in your area who then bid on your job.
4 Things You Should Look for in a Painting Contractor
There are several things that you should look for when you’re hiring someone to paint your home or business.
- Experienced – Anyone can set up a “fly by night” painting company and slap a coat of paint on your walls, but not everyone can do high-quality painting work. People who can do high quality work tend to stay in business and will have years of experience under their belts.
- Licensed – A quality contractor will have a license from the state where he or she is working. Having a license shows that the contractor has some skill in his or her chosen profession. While a license doesn’t guarantee the absolute best, it should be your minimum requirement when investigating painting contractors.
- References – A good painter will be able to point you toward satisfied clients who can vouch for the quality of his or her work.
- Bonded/Insured – Bonding and insurance protect you, the home or business owner, in the event that something goes wrong. Bonding ensures that if your contractor leaves in the middle of the job, you are not penalized or charged. Bonded companies also run background checks on their employees. And insurance means that if something gets damaged or a painting company employee gets hurt while on the job, you are not liable.
When hiring a contractor or business to do work around your home or business, ask if they are bonded and insured and ask to see documentation that verifies it. – Source: Better Business Bureau
Getting Down to Business: Choosing a Contractor
So now that you know what to look for, exactly how do you weed through the many painters out there to find ones that meet your requirements? It can be exhausting to think about.
That’s why BidBoomerang.com is so convenient. This site takes the guesswork out of picking a contractor by providing several qualified painting contractors in your area—and all of them are pre-screened, licensed, and insured.
Choose your service.
Simply click “Painting and Staining” on the BidBoomerang homepage. If you want other types of contracting work done, you can go back and submit multiple queries easily and quickly. All BidBoomerang contractors go through the same screening process, no matter what their area of expertise.
Explain your job.
Fill out a very simple form to explain exactly what kind of painting work you need. It helps to know the approximate square footage of the space to be painted, the number of closets, etc. When they understand the extent of your job, painting contractors can give you an accurate bid.
Receive your bids.
Up to 4 pre-screened and licensed contractors will contact you via phone or email with bids for your job. You can choose one of them, but you’re not any obligation to use any of them. Remember: all of the contractors are pre-screened for quality, so you know you’re getting the most bang for your buck.
Make your choice.
You’ve now gotten pre-screened and qualified contractors competing for your business, which means you are in control. You can rest assured knowing that the painting contractor you pick will do quality work at a reasonable price.
Best of all…BidBoomerang.com is completely free!
Don’t waste time with unreliable painters or gathering and investigating names only to be disappointed in the end. Your time is too valuable.
All you need to do is make one visit to BidBoomerang, take a few minutes to submit your information, and then make your decision based on the bids you receive. Easy as that!